After configuring the contacts, quick messages, and social media options for your inReach user account you will need to sync your device in order for the changes to appear. Syncing also provides your device with new firmware version, so it is important to sync before leaving with your device.
Important note: The inReach Sync client is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11, and MAC OSX.
Here are the steps for syncing your inReach SE or inReach Explorer device via the Enterprise portal:
- Login to https://explore.garmin.com/.
- Click on the Update & Sync tab.
- Click on the Download and Install inReach Sync link.
- The inReach Sync file installer will download to your PC.
- Open the installer and use the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Open the inReach Sync program from your computer (located in the Start menu on Window PCs or the Applications folder on MAC OSX computers).
- The sync software will ask for a login, enter the same username and password that is used to sign in to the Explore portal.
- Plug-in the inReach device to start the syncing process.