Solution 1: Soft Reset
1. Remove device from the USB cable
2. While the device is powered on, hold down the X and Down Arrow keys, continue to hold until the device powers off
3. Power the device on again and reconnect to the computer
4. If the sync client displays the same error try Solution 2
Solution 2: Reflash device firmware
1. Remove the device from the USB cable and make sure it is powered off
2. Hold down the X, down arrow, and checkmark keys together
3. The device will enter firmware update mode
4. Attach the device to your computer via the USB cable
5. Open the inReach sync client, the sync client will show a warning that your firmware may be corrupt. Click "Yes" to continue with firmware installation.
6. The sync client will reinstall the firmware and sync your settings
7. If this solution does not work, go to Solution 3
Solution 3: Factory reset device
1. Remove the device from the USB cable and make sure it is powered on
2. From the device, select "Settings"
3. Scroll down to and select "Restore Factory Settings"
4. Select "Reset" and the device will reset
5. Once the device has restarted, connect to the computer via USB cable
6. The open the sync client and login
7. The device should resync your settings
Article is closed for comments.