After completing your activation on inreach.garmin.com you need to take your device outside to complete the activation. If the inReach device takes longer than 25 minutes to activate over the air you should try the following troubleshooting steps:
Solution 1: Confirm device was activated online
1. On your computer go to explore.garmin.com and login.
2. Click on the Account tab.
3. Click on the View Devices button.
4. Look at the inReach device record and make sure the Service Plan field shows a plan and is not stuck on Activating. If the plan is stuck on Activating contact inReach customer service at 1.800.337.3155.
5. Power the device off an on again and go back outside.
Solution 2: Soft reset
1. While outside, hold down the X and down arrow buttons until the device is powered off.
2. Power the device back on and reattempt the over the air activation.
Solution 3: Sync the device via the sync client
Syncing the device will bypass the over the air activation process and it will also sync your information: