The inReach SE and inReach Explorer have access to weather forecasts. There are three different forecasts to choose from:
- Basic: The Basic forecast includes temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and atmospheric pressure details for two days; first 12 hours in 2-hour increments and the next 36 hours in 6-hour increments.
- Premium: The Premium forecast includes temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and atmospheric pressure details for seven days. The first 24 hours include one-hour forecasts, the second 24 hours include three-hour forecasts, the third 24 hours include six-hour forecasts, and the remaining four days include 12-hour forecasts. One-hour increments not available outside of North America.
- Marine: In addition to the details of the Premium forecast, the Marine feature also includes wave height, current, and visibility details.
This article explains how to request weather forecasts from the inReach device only.
Note: Requesting weather forecasts is a feature that is only available to inReach SE or inReach Explorer devices loaded with firmware version 2.11 or later. If the Weather icon is not presented on your device, perform a sync using the inReach Sync application and proceed with the firmware update when prompted.
Requesting a Weather Forecast
1. Select Weather and press
2. Select a location from the list or select New Location and press
3. If necessary, select Weather > Forecast Type and select a Basic or Premium weather forecast
4. If necessary, select Marine > Marine > Enabled to get a marine weather forecast.
5. Select Get Forecast and press to request your forecast.