The inReach SE, Explorer, SE+, and Explorer+ have access to weather forecasts. There are three different forecasts to choose from:
- Basic: The Basic forecast includes temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and atmospheric pressure details for three days in six-hour intervals.
- Premium: The Premium forecast includes temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and atmospheric pressure details for seven days. The first 24 hours include one-hour forecasts, the second 24 hours include three-hour forecasts, the third 24 hours include six-hour forecasts, and the remaining four days include 12-hour forecasts. One-hour intervals not available outside of North America.
- Marine: In addition to the details of the Premium forecast, the Marine feature also includes wave height, current, and visibility details.
This article explains how to request weather forecasts from the Earthmate application for Android while paired with an inReach SE, inReach Explorer, inReach SE+, or inReach Explorer+.
Note: Requesting weather forecasts is a feature that is only available to Earthmate when paired with an inReach SE, inReach Explorer, inReach SE+, and inReach Explorer+. If the Weather option is not presented on your device or Earthmate app, perform a sync using the inReach Sync application and proceed with the firmware update when prompted. You will also be required to update your Earthmate app from the Google Play Store.
Requesting a Weather Forecast
1. Ensure the inReach device paired and connected to the Android phone or tablet.
2. Open the Earthmate app
3. Tap on the menu icon followed by Weather.
4. Tap the Globe icon and the Location screen will appear.
5. On the Location screen, you can select to request a weather report for your current location (my location), a previously entered location, or tap the + icon to choose a new location.
6. The forecast screen will appear. For a Basic forecast, leave the Premium slide untouched and then tap the refresh icon
7. For a Premium forecast, tap the Premium slider followed by the refresh icon .
8. For a Marine forecast, tap the Marine slider followed by the refresh icon .