The Iridium Extreme allows you to send and receive SMS Messages (text messages). Messaging is accessed via the Message Menu.
To access the Message Menu:
- From the main Iridium Extreme screen, press the left soft key to select Menu
- Using the navigation keys move up and down until Messages is highlighted
- Press the left soft key to select Messages
Create and Send a Message
- From the message menu, navigate to Create Message and select it by pressing the left soft key
- Enter the message content using the keypad
- Press the left soft key to select Options
- Use the navigation keys to highlight Send and press the left soft key
- Press the right soft key to add a New Recipient
- Using the navigation key to highlight Enter Number or the address book entry you would like to send the message to and press the left soft key
- If you are sending the message to a new number enter the number on the screen, include + and the country code in the number (such as +1-480-752-2500). Press the left soft key to select OK, then press the left soft key again to Send the message.
- If you are sending it to a phonebook entry you will get an option to send it to any number in the entry or the email address of the entry. Highlight the number or email address using the navigation keys, then press the left soft key to Select it. Press the left soft key again to Send the message.
Read a Message
- From the message menu, navigate to Inbox and press the left soft key to Select it
- Use the navigation key to select the message you wish to read and Select it using the left soft key
- While reading the message you may press the left soft key to view the Options. The options menu will allow you to reply to the message, forward it, delete the message or call the number that sent the message.
Please sign in to leave a comment.