You may download the Iridium GO! exec LITE Single Mode Antenna Kit Installation Guide PDF at the link at the bottom of this article. Please make sure to read the guide in full prior to installation, and make note of the items in this article:
- These kits include the proprietary antenna pigtail cable connector for use with Iridium GO! exec. The first-generation original Iridium GO! pigtail connector is NOT compatible with the Iridium GO! exec.
- To use the LITE kit, the Iridium GO! exec device firmware must be version 1.0.6 or higher – updates are available via the most recent Iridium GO! exec App release on the Apple App Store and Google Play. Users just need to download the latest version, connect to the Iridium GO! exec and follow firmware upgrade prompts on the app screen.
- The LITE kit does NOT include GNSS (GPS function). The GNSS function will still work during SOS calls using the internal exec antenna (if it has a view of the sky). The LITE antenna is only for Calling/Data connections. For a Dual Mode antenna, see: Iridium GO! exec - Premium Dual Mode Antenna Kit (with GNSS) Guide
- Users will need to change their device’s “GNSS Antenna Config” setting to “Internal” to use internal GNSS when the single mode (LITE) antenna is connected.
GNSS Antenna Configurations:
- The exec device's default GNSS Antenna setting will be set to “Auto” out of the box.
- Auto allows users to switch to an external GNSS antenna (for example, the Premium Dual Mode antenna) when it detects one is connected.
- This option also allows the device to switch back to internal GNSS when it detects the external iridium antenna has been removed.
- Note: If Auto is used with the single mode (LITE) antenna, the device will not use internal GNSS and assume an external antenna is equipped, and therefore continue searching for it.
- This option overrides the auto/default setting and forces the device to always use internal GNSS even if it detects an external antenna.
- This option must be selected when using the single mode (LITE) antenna to use GNSS location features during an SOS call.
- This option overrides the Auto/default setting and forces the device to only use the external GNSS antenna, regardless of whether one is equipped.
- This option can be used with Iridium’s Premium Dual Mode Antenna, but it is not recommended as the user will need to return to Auto once they disconnect the external antenna.
Changing GNSS Antenna Configuration:
- Tap the Settings icon on the exec LCD screen
- Tap GNSS Antenna Config
- Tap Auto/Internal/External (Use INTERNAL when the LITE Single Mode Antenna is attached)