If you have an Iridium Extreme or Iridium 9555 that has not been used in many years you may notice the time and date are incorrect and do not update when connected to the satellite.
On March 3, 2015 Iridium completed an Epoch that required phones to follow the procedure below to display the correct time.
Solution: Restore Time Settings for Iridium 9555 & Iridium Extreme
1. Dial *#99#2014051114235500#
2. Press the green key
3. Power off the handset
4. Power on the handset
5. Allow handset to register to the network
6. Handset will now display the correct time
Note: If the time displayed is incorrect, check your time zone settings by proceeding with the following
7. Press Menu
8. Scroll to Setup and press Select
9. Scroll to Time & Date and press Select
10. Scroll to Select Time Zone and press Select
11. Choose the desired UTC time zone and press Select
12. Handset will now display the correct time