After adding or editing Contacts, QuickText, or Preset Messages on your Explore account you will need to sync your inReach to ensure the changes are accurately reflected on your device. When you sync your device with the Explore site, your Contacts, QuickText and Preset Messages, Facebook, Twitter, and MapShare details will be loaded on to your device.
- The inReach Sync app is also used to update the firmware on the suite of inReach devices. Use the instructions below to update the firmware on an inReach in need of a firmware update.
- The inReach Sync app can only be installed on a Windows (version 7,8, 10, 11) or Mac (version 10.7 or higher) computer.
- The inReach Sync app cannot be installed or used on an Android, iOS phone or tablet.
This article explains how to install inReach Sync for Mac.
Installing inReach Sync for Mac
1. Login in to your account at explore.garmin.com
2. Select Plans and Devices from the navigation tabs along the top.
3. Select the Sync & Update button.
4. Select Mac to download the inReach Sync app
5. Once the download has completed, open the file to begin the installation. The downloaded file will typically appear on your desktop or Download folder.
6. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
7. Once completed, you're now ready to sync your inReach. Use the articles below for assistance on how to sync your inReach.