Garmin provides a method to export all data from your inReach account. The steps below will guide you through the process. Please note that exporting Account data and Map data are separate processes.
Exporting Explore Account Data:
1. Login to https://www.garmin.com/en-US/account/datamanagement/
3. Click on "Export Your Data"
4. Click on "REQUEST DATA EXPORT"
5. An email will be sent to you with all inReach related data. The usual delivery rate is typically within 48 hours.
6. Within the zip file open the "INREACH" folder to see your inReach data
7. The folder will contain invoices, map data, message history, preset messages, and quick messages
NOTE: In some cases the data export can take up to 30 days. You cannot request another export until the current one is completed. Please check JUNK and SPAM folders to ensure the email was not filtered by the email provider.
Exporting / Importing Map Data
You can also Export and Import Map data via the Explore portal
Exporting map data:
You can export waypoints or routes from your account as KML or GPX files. This feature exports the current map view of data so you can save it on your computer and use it in other applications.
- From the map, zoom in on the data to export (Zooming the Map).
- Click .
- Select the file type.
Importing map data:
You can import courses from your Garmin Connect™ account and GPX, KML, or KMZ files from another device or application. You must convert the files to add them to a collection.
- From the map, click .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to import the files and add them to a collection.
Article is closed for comments.