BGAN Terminals utilize the Inmarsat Network. Inmarsat satellites are geostationary above the equator. meaning they do not move. Follow the directions below to get your unit out and connected before accessing the device settings.
1. Take the unit outside and make sure the antenna panel is facing towards the direction of the equator.
2. Slide and hold the Power Slide Key under the keypad until the status indicator light illuminate. This can take a few seconds.
3. Once powered on, the unit will enter point mode. By default, the audio assisted pointing mode will begin. A long steady continuous sound instead of single beeps means you have optimal signal attained.
4. Press OK on the display keypad when you have obtained the highest possible signal strength. Anything Above 50 Db’s will allow for connection.
5. You can now use a wired or wireless connection (if WLAN is enabled on the unit) to establish a call or data session.
There are multiple ways to edit APN settings for your Explorer terminals. If you are utilizing a smart device such as a smart phone or Tablet, the simplest way is to use the EXPLORER CONNECT APP. You can down load the app for ios by CLICKING HERE. You can download the app for Android devices by CLICKING HERE
Follow the Steps below to Edit your APN settings utilizing the EXPLORER CONNECT APP.
1. Make sure your Smart Device is in Airplane Mode with WI-FI Enabled
2. In your smart device settings, connect to the Wireless network emitted by the device, default name EXPLORER710 or EXPLORER510 depending on the device.
3. If you are prompted, enter the password. By default, the password is the serial number of your EXPLORER 710. This can be found on the label on the device/packaging.
4.When your device shows that it is connected to the EXPLORER 710/510, you can now open the EXPLORER CONNECT APP
5. Opening the app while connected to an Explorer Unit will open the Main Menu.
6. Select TERMINAL ACCESS to view connection settings for the BGAN Terminal.
7. Select the gear icon next to Standard Data to view connection settings for a default data connection.
8. Select PARAMETERS to view and edit the APN settings.
9. By default, the APN is set to SIM default. This means it uses the APNs that are defined by the Service Provider. If your SIM card is from Roadpost, by default these APNs allow connection to the Inmarsat Network.
10. Select the APN Dropdown Arrow to view APN options.
11. Select USER DEFINED from the dropdown to enter in a new APN.
12. Enter bgan.inmarsat.com into the USER DEFINED NAME field. By default, this new APN does not feature a username or Password. We highly recommend leaving this disabled to avoid any possible login issues
13. Click Save to ensure all changes go into effect.
You can now use this APN to establish a data connection
Please sign in to leave a comment.