Step 1: Network Registration
1. Rotate the antenna on the IsatPhone 2 so it is pointing towards the sky with no overhead obstructions, facing towards the general direction of the Equator.
2. Press and hold the red power key on the keypad until the screen lights up.
3. The handset will display signal and begin searching for the network.
4. The handset will display Ready for service once registration has completed.
Note: Inmarsat satellites are geostationary and do not change location. The satellites are positioned across the Equator therefore you will need to ensure you are facing the satellite from your region. If you do not face the right direction you will not register to the network. The signal indicator will show signal strength bars. If it does not, turn 90 degrees to the right and continue doing so until you have achieved signal gain.
Step 2: Compose and send a text message.
1. Press Menu.
2. Select the Messaging icon (white envelope) and press Select.
3. Select New message and press Options.
4. Select New message and press Select.
5. Select Text message and press Select.
6. Enter the destination phone number in the To field (Ii.e. + 1 206 329 1947).
7. Enter the text message into the text field, up to a maximum of 160 characters.
8. Press Options once the message has been composed.
9. Select Send and press Select.
Check the Service Center number.
1. Press Menu.
2. Select the Messaging icon and press Select.
3. Press Options.
4. Select Settings and press Select.
5. Select Text Msg Settings and press Select.
6. Select SMSC management and press Select.
7. Select +870772001799 and press Options.
8. Select Activate and press Select.
9. Repeat Solution 1,Step 2 and send another text message.
Please sign in to leave a comment.