Using the map in the GeoPro web app is very intuitive and similar to using other mapping applications. The map in the GeoPro web app allows you to perform simple navigation functions as well as provides access to various tools and settings to control how the map is displayed in order to tailor your experience.
The Map Settings menu provides the ability to use Tools, select from different Map Types, enable visual Overlays, plot Weather information, and select various Map Controls.
Using the Map
1. To pan the map, touch the screen or select an area of the map using your cursor and move in the opposing direction.
To pan up, move down | To pan down, move up | To pan left, move right | To pan right, move left
2. To zoom the map, use the + button to zoom in and the - button to zoom out.
3. To center your device(s) headcrumb and fit the map to the page, select the Center icon.
1. Select the Menu button (top left of the map) to access the Map Settings fly-out menu.
2. The Map Settings fly-out menu will appear and you can begin using various functions on each of the tabs to tailor your map experience.
The Tools tab contains various tools and utilities, including:
- Search Map Location - adds a search box allowing you to search for particular places (i.e. latitude / longitude co-ordinates, towns, cities, countries, monuments, shops, etc.)
- Slide Time Filter - adds a slider allowing you to filter devices shown on the map by the time they last reported
- Measure Distance - adds a tool allowing you to measure the distance along a set of points
- Time Information - allows you to drop a pin on a map and display the current time at that location
Map Types Tab
The Map Types tab allows you to change the type of map displayed, options include:
- Bing (Various map types available)
- ESRI (Various map types available)
- Open Street Map
The Overlays tab allows you to control what map overlays are displayed. You can also choose to display Geofences, Points of Interest and any KML Layers you may have set up.
The Weather tab allows you to add weather overlays and forecast details on to the map.
- Wind Gusts
- Cloud Cover
- Dew Points
- Snow Accumulation
- Heat Index
- Jet Stream (250mb)
- Tropical Storms
- Air Quality
- Storm Cells
- Lightning Strikes (last 15 minutes)
- Sea Surface Temperatures
Forecast info includes:
- +24 hours
- +48 hours
- +72 hours
The Controls tab allows you to access additional map controls and various tools, including:
- Zoom Buttons
- Map Scale
- Mini Map - displays a smaller map in the top right-hand corner at a lesser zoom level for providing context
- Edge Markers - display arrows pointing in the direction of nearby devices not shown in the current map view
- Mouse Position - displays the current location (latitude / longitude) of the mouse pointer in various co-ordinate formats as well as the current UTC time and map zoom level
- Quick Zoom Button - zooms the map to the most appropriate level to display all devices
- Refresh Timer - displays a countdown timer in the bottom right-hand corner of the map to show when the next refresh is due
- Grid - displays a latitude / longitude grid
- Day And Night - overlays a shadow showing where it is currently day & night
- Feedback Button - displays a button allowing users to submit feedback
- Map Legend
Note: Enabling a large number of map tools may reduce performance on some older computers or mobile devices.
3. When closing or navigating away from the Map Settings menu, your settings will be displayed on the map.