Iridium Mail & Web now supports integration with PredictWind Offshore Weather. PredictWind Offshore is for offshore sailors designed for boats heading offshore with a need to download forecast GRIB files using a satellite or web based connection.
PredictWind Offshore with built in GRIB viewer is fully integrated with the Iridium GO!. Get access to accurate GRIB files, weather routing, GMDSS text forecasts, satellite imagery, PWG/PWE forecasts in addition to GFS/CMC forecasts.
For further details on PredictWind Offshore visit https://www.predictwind.com/grib-files/
To Download PredictWind Offshore:
1. Launch Iridium Mail & Web app.
2. Select the PredictWind icon.
3. Select Go to iTunes.
4. Download the PredictWind Offshore Weather app.
5. Press OPEN when finished to launch PredictWind Offshore.
Using PredictWind Offshore:
1. Launch the PredictWind Offshore app from the Iridium Mail & Web app or the dedicated PredictWind Offshore icon.
2. Select the desired menu from the list (I.e. GRIB Offshore).
Note: High resolution GRIB files are on available with a Standard/Professional account.
3. Define your route by dragging the start and finish waypoints on the map.
4. Select the Download button to download your GRIB files. You have the option to select your parameters such as Wind, Rain, Wave, Cloud, Temperature and more.
5. When ready, select Continue to Download. The size of the download will be displayed.
6. Select the method of download for your GRIB files.
- Select Web to download using your cellular data or Wi-Fi connection.
- Select Iridium GO! to download using your Iridium GO!.
Note: You must be connected to the Iridium GO! wireless hotspot before proceeding.
7. Confirm the Iridium GO! has been detected and verify your signal strength.
8. Select Download All to begin downloading your GRIB files.
- If the connection is dropped or a download fails, you can resume the download by selecting Download All again.
Note: PredictWind Offshore is automatically configured to work with the Iridium GO!
9. Once your download has completed, select Close to begin viewing the downloaded GRIB files.
10. The GRIB files from your latest download are automatically displayed, and can be animated by using the control menus.