Follow the instructions below if you are unable to update the GeoPro Messenger Sync Client.
Note: The GeoPro Sync Client will check for updates automatically when launching the application. If a new version is available the Sync Client will provide notification and prompt for confirmation to proceed with the update. If the end user chooses not to update the application it will not prompt to update again until the application has been removed and reinstalled. It is highly recommended to proceed with the update in order to stay current with bug fixes and enhancements.
Please ensure the end user is using a compatible web browser such as Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher or Internet Explorer 6 or higher. If using Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher the .NET Framework Assistant 1.2.1 or higher is recommended and can be downloaded from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9449/
Solution: Remove and Re-install
- The GeoPro Sync Client will need to be removed if it is not prompting for an update and a newer version is currently available.
- To remove the Sync Client please go to the Windows “Control Panel”.
- For Windows XP go to “Add/Remove Programs. For Windows Vista & Windows 7 go to “Programs and Features”.
- Locate “GeoProSync” in the list of installed programs.
- In Windows XP click “Change/Remove. In Windows Vista and Windows 7 click “Uninstall/Change”
- The GeoProSync Maintenance screen will appear. Choose “Remove the application from this computer” and click “OK”.
- Once the program has been removed restart the computer.
- The GeoPro Sync Client will now need to be re-installed
- Go to https://geopro.globalalerting.com/syncclient/ to download the latest version of the GeoPro Sync Client and click “Install”.
- If using Firefox the file may need to be saved first otherwise the browser will automatically prompt to “Install”. If asked to save, click “Save File” and once the download has completed double-click the saved file titled “Setup.exe” from the Downloads screen. Then click “Run” and the Application Install screen will appear. Click “Install” to proceed.
- If using Internet Explorer the Application Install screen will appear. Click “Install” to proceed.
- When the installation has completed a new GeoProSync icon will appear on the Desktop. Double-click the icon to launch the application.
- If the application fails to launch, please contact GeoPro Technical Support to escalate the issue.