Follow the steps below if you are unable to place calls using the Iridium GO! and keep receiving the error message, "The number you have reached is not in service, please check the number and try your call again" on your Android device.
Solution 1: Calling a North American number
- Deploy the antenna to power on the Iridium GO!
- The Iridium GO! will display bars of signal strength
- The Iridium GO! will then display Searching followed by Iridium once the device has registered
- Connect to the Iridium GO! wifi hotspot
- Launch the Iridium GO! application
- Login using the desired profile (Guest is default)
- Select the Call icon
- Press and hold the 0 key until the + appears
- Dial the country code, area code and phone number
- Example: + (country code)(area code/city code)(phone number)
- Example: + 1 416 253 6008
Solution 2: Clear Iridium GO! application settings
- From your Android home screen, navigate to Settings
- Select Applications/Application Manager
- Scroll down and select Iridium GO!
- Select Clear data
- Select Clear cache
- Select Force stop
- Navigate back to your home screen
- Repeat the instructions in Solution 1.
Solution 3: Disable Captain/Crew calling
- Open the Iridium GO! app
- Tap on the "Settings" icon
- Tap on "Captain/Crew calling"
- Uncheck the "Enabled" checkbox
- Tap the back button on your phone
- Try placing a call