Follow the steps below if you are unable to install the GeoPro Messenger Sync Client.
Note: GeoPro Sync Client will automatically install Windows components from the Microsoft website if the component requirements are not met or present on the computer. Windows component installations may take some time to complete, specifically .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. The computer may also require a reboot once the installation has completed.
Please ensure the end user is using a compatible web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher, or Internet Explorer 6 or higher. If using Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher the .NET Framework Assistant 1.2.1 or higher is recommended and can be downloaded from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9449/
Solution 1: Confirm system requirements
- The minimum system requirements for the GeoPro Sync Client are as follows: Windows XP SP2 and .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1
- If the system requirements have not been met please inform the user to update their computer or use another computer that does meet the requirements.
- If the system requirements have been met please proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Download and Install
- Go to https://geopro.globalalerting.com/syncclient/ and click “Install”.
- If using Firefox the file may need to be saved first otherwise the browser will automatically prompt to “Install”. If asked to save, click “Save File” and once the download has completed double-click the saved file titled “Setup.exe” from the Downloads screen. Then click “Run” and the Application Install screen will appear. Click “Install” to proceed.
- If using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome the Application Install screen will appear. Click “Install” to proceed.
- When the installation has completed a new GeoProSync icon will appear on the Desktop. Double-click the icon to launch the application.
- If the application fails to install or is taking a very long time to complete, please proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3: Manual install
- If the installation failed, is hanging or is taking a very long time to complete it is most likely due to the download and installation of the .NET Framework.
- Remove any instances of the GeoPro Sync Client from the Program List in the Control Panel.
- The .NET Framework can be manually installed by navigating to: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&displaylang=en or Google searching: .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
- Click “Download” on the Microsoft page and proceed with the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, please repeat Solution 2
- If the application fails to install after manually installing the .NET Framework, please contact GeoPro Technical Support to escalate the issue.