Follow the steps below if you are unable to charge the GeoPro Messenger.
Note: The GPM1000 comes bundled with and uses an AC charger to charge its battery though the USB port on the device. The optional cigarette lighter adapter or a USB cable connected to a PC can also be used to charge the battery on the device.
Solution 1: Charging the battery
- Hold the device in its native position
- Fold open the USB cover on the side of the device
- Supply power via USB from either the AC charger, cigarette lighter adapter, or PCs USB port
- Confirm the charging indicator appears in the top right corner of the display and the power LED is flashing. The battery may require a full charge.
- If the battery has previously been charging, the charging indicator appears in the top right corner of the display, the power LED is flashing and the battery still will not hold a charge, attempt to replace the battery by following the instructions in Solution 2.
- If the charging indicator is not displayed and the power LED is not flashing you may attempt to replace the battery by following the instructions in Solution 2.
Solution 2: Replacing the battery
- Turn the device to its back-side
- Remove the two D-Ring screws securing the battery cover
- Remove battery cover
- Remove and unplug the battery
- Plug in and reseat the replacement battery
- Reseat the battery cover and secure the two D-Ring screws
- Turn the device to its front-side and repeat Solution 1 for a second time.
- If replacing the battery does not resolve the issue please contact GeoPro Technical Support to make arrangements for an RMA.