Follow the steps below if you are unable to acquire a GPS fix using the GeoPro Messenger.
Note: The GPM1000 has a built in GPS antenna and receiver. There are instances where acquiring a GPS fix can take longer than usual. The first time a device is powered on or has moved more than 500 miles, a device can take anywhere up several minutes to acquire a GPS fix. Once the device has acquired a GPS fix, subsequent GPS fixes should take less than 1 minute.
Solution 1: Check your Current Location
- Press the “Menu” softkey from the Home screen.
- Scroll to “Location Utilities” and press the “Select” softkey.
- Scroll to “Current Location” and press the “Select” softkey.
- The device will now attempt to obtain a GPS fix and provide your current location on the display. The updated time, date and number of satellites are good indicators that the GPS function is working correctly.
- If the Current Location screen is blank, please wait several minutes (up to 10 minutes) to allow for the device to acquire a GPS fix.
- If the Current Location screen is still blank and does not display any GPS information after 10 minutes please proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Removing and reinserting the battery
- Turn the device to its back-side
- Remove the two D-Ring screws securing the battery cover
- Remove battery cover
- Remove and unplug the battery for 30 seconds
- Plug in and reseat the battery
- Reseat the battery cover and secure the two D-Ring screws
- Turn the device to its front-side
- Press in and hold the joystick until the display powers on.
- Repeat the steps in solution 1.
- If the Current Location screen is still blank or the device is unable to acquire a GPS fix, please contact GeoPro Technical Support to make arrangements for an RMA.