Follow the steps below on how to send a text message from the IsatPhone Pro & IsatPhone 2.
Step 1: Register to the network
- Rotate and extend the antenna so it is pointing at the sky
- Face towards the general direction of the equator and the phone will begin to register
Note: The Inmarsat satellites are geostationary and they do not change location. The satellites are positioned across the equator therefore you will need to ensure you are facing the satellite from your region. If you do not face the right direction you will not register to the network. The signal indicator will show bars, if it does not, turn 90 degrees to the right and continue doing so until you have achieved signal gain.
Step 2: Compose & send a text message
- Press Menu
- Choose the Messaging icon (white envelope) and press Select
- Highlight New message and press Options
- Hightlight New message and press Select
- Hightlight Text message and press Select
- Enter the destination phone number (I.e. + 1 416 253 6008) in the To field
- Type in the desired message into the text field, up to a maximum of 160 characters
- Press the Option once the message has been created
- Highlight Send and press Select