The List View tab provides Administrators and Monitors with the ability to view the most recent interactions from each of the devices provisioned to your account as well as the ability to review device details, user details and perform specific actions on behalf of the device user.
This article explains how to request the location of a device.
Note: The Request Location feature is only available for specific devices. If the option does not appear, the feature is not supported by the device type selected.
1. To request a device's location using the List View, select the desired device from the list.
2. The Device Details for the selected device will be displayed at the bottom of the List View. Select the Actions tab and you will be presented with the device specific actions you can perform on the selected device.
3. Select Request Location to send a location request to the selected device. No manual device user interaction is required. Once the device receives the request, it will return it's location coordinates to the web app.
4. You will be provided with confirmation once the location request has been sent to the device. Press OK to return to the Actions tab.
5. Subsequently, the location request can be cleared from the Actions tab by selecting Clear Location Request.
6. Once the location request has been cleared you will be provided with confirmation. Press OK to return to the Actions tab.