The GeoPro web app provides the Administrator and Monitor with the ability to remotely manage a device's tracking interval from the Devices tab. This can be extremely useful to an Administrator or Montor in the event a user is approaching a hazardous or dangerous area, if the user has forgotten to enable/disable tracking, or if the user is tracking too frequent or not frequent enough.
Note: Performing this action from the GeoPro web app will temporarily override the setting on the device, assuming the device is powered on and with in coverage. Once the device is powered off or tracking has been interrupted, the device will return to it's default settings. You may also want to send a message to the device user indicating the necessary change.
1. To remotely manage a device's tracking interval, navigate to the Devices tab and select the desired device.
2. The device page for the selected device will be displayed, select Configure from the list.
3. From the device configuration page, select Tracking from the list.
4. The tracking configuration page will be displayed, using the drop-downs select the tracking state (On or Off) and the tracking interval for the device and press Send.
5. The new tracking settings will be sent to the device. Please note, the device must be powered on and have line of sight to the sky in order to receive the new settings. Some devices receive the settings instantaneously, while others can take up to 20 minutes.