Data Logs are reports that can be triggered to generate hourly, daily, weekly or monthly. You can use Data Logs to automatically generate reports comprised of messages sent from all devices, received by all devices, alerts generated by event notifications, and much more. Data Logs can also notify you via email when you're report is ready.
These reports are helpful to ensure employee compliance with daily operations. Reports are generated in .csv format and can be imported into powerful analytics software such as Tableau and PowerBI.
Note: Data Logs are generated from the date of configuration forward.
This article explains how to create a Data Log using the GeoPro web application.
1. Navigate to the Options tab and select Tenants from the list.
2. Select your tenant name, also known as the company name on the account.
3. Select Data Logs from the list.
4. Select Manage to create or modify your existing data log configuration.
5. Select the applicable option for each of the following fields:
Frequency: Define the frequency that you would like your report generated. I.e. Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly.
Data Types: Select the data type/report type you wish to generate.
- MO Messages Log (Device Inbox) - Messages sent from all devices
- MT Messages Log (Device Outbox) - Messages received by all devices
- Alert Notification Log - Alerts triggered by devices which generated event notifications
- Device Log - Historical log of events by each device
- Devices - A list of all devices on the account
- Users - A list of all users on the account
Retention Policy: Select the amount of logs you would like the system to retain at any given time. I.e. Keep the last 2, 5, or 10 logs.
Notification: Enable this feature if you would like to receive a notification via email when your data logs are ready.
Notification Email Addresses: Enter the desired email addresses of the recipients designated to receive notifications when reports are ready.
6. Press OK to save your changes. If configured, you will receive a notification when your first data log is available for download.
7. When your data log is ready, select the .zip file from the Download Log Files section.
8. Open the .zip file to view your data logs in .csv format.