Canned Messages are predefined messages which are intended to save the device user time from typing a message using the virtual keyboard on the device. As an Administrator, you have the ability to define up to 15 Global Canned Messages and up to 5 Device Canned Messages. Usually the first 15 Global Canned Messages are configured by the Administrator and the 5 Device Canned Messages are left to the device user.
This article explains how to manage device Canned Messages.
Note: Changes to any device Canned Messages will require the device to re-sync in order for the changes to appear.
1. To define the device Canned Messages for a specific device, navigate to the Devices tab and select the desired device.
2. The device page for the selected device will be displayed, select Configure from the list.
3. From the device configuration page, select Canned Messages from the list.
4. Select the Device Messages tab followed by any of the messages or an empty field from the list.
5. Enter the desired message content in to the text box and Save when finished.
6. Next, you will be presented with a pop-up indicating "Please sync your device". Once you have finished managing your device's Canned Messages, you must sync in order for the messages to appear on the device.