If the Iridium GO! device is not broadcasting its SSID (Wi-Fi name) there are two potential solutions to try: Check the device settings to ensure Wi-Fi is active or reset the device. This article will cover both options.
Solution# 1: Enable Wi-Fi on the Iridium GO! Device
1. Life the Iridium GO! antenna and wait for the GO! to power on.
2. The GO! device has two menu buttons underneath its screen, press the left button to display the menu.
3. Press the left button two times until Power is highlighted, then press the right button to select it.
4. Press the left button once to select Set Wi-Fi Power then press the right button to select it.
5. The device will display "Set Wi-Fi to On?", press the right button to enable the antenna.
6. Check your smartphone to see if the Wi-Fi network appears.
Solution# 2: Factory Reset the Iridium GO!
1. Make sure the Iridium GO! is powered on.
2. Open the rubber grommet on the left hand side of the device (the antenna side) to see the following:
3. Insert a pin or paperclip into the reset hole.
4. The Iridium GO! screen will display the message "Reset to factory defaults?", press the right menu button to reset the device.
5. Once the device powers on, the Wi-Fi network should appear.