Iridium has released firmware version HP17004 for the Iridium Extrme PTT phone. The upgrade provides the following benefits:
- Addressed an issue in both telephony and push-to-talk mode where channel assignments were inadvertently being discarded.
- Resolved a pair of issues in push-to-talk mode where an infrequent race condition and failure mode in the over-the-air provisioning could result in the talkgroups indicated on the handset being out-of-sync with the push-to-talk gateway elements.
- Fixed a set of memory leaks in push-to-talk mode that could cause the handset to become unstable when operated for long periods of time.
- Fixed an edge-case issue in push-to-talk mode that could cause the handset to stop indicating the current received signal strength.
- Updated product software to be compatible with most current handset hardware.
The firmware upgrade tool along with the instructions for using it can be found by clicking here.
Note: The firmware update utility is not compatible with Mac OSX.