Iridium has released firmware version HP17002 for the Iridium Extrme PTT phone. The upgrade provides the following benefits:
- Improved SMS storage capacity reporting.
- Updated startup splash screen to display a NEXT constallation satellite.
- Improved handset upgrade: added support for Windows 10; required drivers are now installed automatically; and the upgrade itself is faster in some situations.
- Added functionality to allow short codes to be stored in the phonebook, used from the phonebook, and dialed directly.
- Improved responsiveness to power button press to turn the handset off.
- Added support for all languages in push-to-talk mode. Added Kurdish (Sorani) as a new language option.
- Fixed issue where a redialed SOS call would show "Calling %s" instead of the correct number.
- Improvided reporting of signal strength on the user interface and AT interface.
- Fixed an issue where a remote DTMF button press could unmute a local handset.
- Use of SBD services is now permitted wen no SIM card is present in the handset. (Note: Mobile-Terminated SBD messages are not supported on the Iridium Extrme PTT handset).
- Added an alert to notify the user that the antenna should be extended when placed a push-to-talk call.
- Removed delay that could occur in some situations after a user initiated the switch to push-to-talk mode from the menu option.
- Fixed an issue where AT commands could not be used after switching between push-to-talk and telephony modes.
- Improved screen signal strength indications to more quickly reflect the signal strength seen by the handset when in push-to-talk mode.
The firmware upgrade tool along with the instructions for using it can be found by clicking here.
Note: The firmware update utility is not compatible with Mac OSX.