NOTE: BEAM dock users should not perform this update until further notice. BEAM Communications has advised that some customer have encountered issues while using firmware version HL17001. If you are not a BEAM dock user, you may proceed with the update.
Iridium has released firmware version HL17001 for the Iridium Extreme handset. The update will provide the following benefits:
Improved accuracy of reporting when SMS storage on the SIM has reached capacity.
- Updated startup splash screen to display a NEXT constellation satellite.
- Improved handset upgrade: added support for Windows 10; required drivers are now installed automatically; and the upgrade itself is faster in some situations.
- Added functionality to allow short codes to be stored in the phonebook, used from the phonebook, and dialed directly.
- Improved responsiveness to power button press to turn the handset off.
- Improved the translations for some non-English menu languages and added Kurdish (Sorani) as a new language option.
- Fixed an issue where Location Based Services would not work correctly after a power cycle with the charger connected.
- Improved reporting of signal strength on the user interface and the AT interface.
- Fixed an issue where a remote DTMF button press could unmute a local handset.
- Use of SBD services is now permitted when no SIM card is present in the handset. (Note: Mobile-Terminated SBD messages are not supported on the Iridium Extreme® handset.)
The new firmware file with instructions can be downloaded by clicking here.