The GeoPro mobile app is designed for lone workers with reliable cellular coverage. It turns smartphones into lone worker safety devices and provides easy to use functionality such as check-in, tracking, monitor me, man down detection and SOS alerting. To take advantage of the GeoPro mobile app, you must first activate a mobile app license using the Account Management Dashboard. Once activated, you can use the instructions below to assist with installing the GeoPro mobile app.
Note: This article only applies to Blackberry devices running OS 10.2.1 or greater.
1. Download the installation file on your Blackberry by clicking here or selecting the Blackberry download icon below.
Tip: If necessary, you can download the file to a computer and email it to your Blackberry.
2. Navigate to the File Manager application on your Blackberry and select the Downloads folder.
3. Select the file com.globalalerting.geopro.apk to initiate the installation, then select Install.
4. Next, you'll be required to allow the app installation. Select Settings to continue and you will presented with additional options. Select Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed followed by </.
5. Select Install and the installation will begin. When prompted to allow access to the GeoPro mobile app, select Accept.
6. The GeoPro mobile app will continue to install by displaying the progress indicator at the top of the screen. When finished, select Open to launch the application.
7. Last, enter the passcode provided in the Email or SMS notification received at the time of adding the GeoPro mobile app license. Once entered, select Login to begin using the GeoPro mobile app. If you do not have a passcode, please contact your GeoPro Administrator.
Note: if the GeoPro mobile app crashes after logging in, this could be due to the version of Blackberry OS your device is running. To resolve this issue please perform the steps below.
- Turn off all data services, both WIFI & Mobile Network.
- Ensure the GeoPro mobile app is closed and not running in the background.
- Wait 30 seconds and open the GeoPro Mobile App
- Minimize the GeoPro Mobile App and turn on all data services, both WIFI & Mobile Network.
- Continue using the GeoPro mobile app and this should not happen again.