Follow the steps below if the IMEI is not appearing on the NAL SHOUT Nano.
Note: The NAL SHOUT Nano will not display the IMEI under the following circumstances; the device firmware has been re-flashed or the device has yet to communicate with the Iridium network.
Solution 1: Checking the IMEI
- Using the right arrow scroll to “Settings” and press Enter.
- Scroll to “Unit Info” and press Enter.
- The IMEI will be displayed in the section titled, IMEI.
- If the IMEI is not displayed, power the device OFF and back ON again.
- Repeat steps 1-4 and verify if the IMEI is displayed.
- If the IMEI is not displayed please proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Send a test message
Ensure the device has full and clear visibility of the sky.
- Send a test message (Check-In, Text Message, Waypoint etc) from the device.
- Using the arrow keys scroll to “Messaging” and press Enter.
- Scroll to “Outbox” and press Enter.
- Confirm the test message is queued in the “Outbox”.
- The device will attempt to acquire a GPS fix followed by Iridium signal.
- Once the device has acquired Iridium signal, confirm the test message has been sent.
- The queued message should no longer appear in the “Outbox” once the transmission has been completed.
- Repeat Solution 1 and confirm if the IMEI is now displayed.