As of May 26, 2016, all existing GeoPro customers will be migrated to the new version of the GeoPro web app, version 3.0. Administrators, please take a moment to become familiar with the items highlighted below as we have made a number of improvements. Some functionality has changed and some features have been discontinued in order to create a better user experience.
What’s new with GeoPro?
Roadpost is pleased to announce the launch of a new and improved GeoPro! There are a number of major improvements including a new:
- GeoPro Web App with a great look & feel. It’s simplified user interface makes it easier to find what you are looking for with fewer clicks. You can now log in using a smartphone or tablet so you can monitor your workforce on the go!
- GeoPro Mobile App (iOS and Android) for lone workers that operate within cellular coverage. Contact Roadpost for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What has changed?
Several key enhancements have been made to improve the user experience and give the solution a clean new look & feel:
1. A simplified user experience provides access to all the same great features but with fewer clicks.
2. Profile settings for account administrators, and device users so they only see what’s relevant to them.
Device User View
3. Improved filtering capabilities and dynamic search which provides easy access to users, data, groups and devices. Now accounts with many devices can look up them up in a cinch!
4. A list view which provides a quick one summary page of all users, devices, check-in schedules, monitoring and emergency management configurations providing monitors and admins with a quick way of viewing all critical account activities.
5. Powerful group management capabilities to view, communicate, control and assign check-in schedules for entire groups.
6. A dashboard view on the homepage that highlights any devices that are in emergency or overdue states.
7. Smartphone and tablet friendly view so users can log in from anywhere to manage their services or view themselves in the web app.
8. inReach controlled, dynamic check-in scheduling provides administrators and users with the flexibility to assign a check-in schedule, where the inReach user has the ability to start, check-in and stop their assigned check-in schedule using Preset Messages.
What has been discontinued?
Several features have been discontinued in order to simplify and improve the GeoPro web app experience. The following features were removed to eliminate confusion when configuring specific features which allowed administrators and users to create duplicate settings in different areas of the web app.
- You can no longer create check-in schedules at the device level from the My Devices tab. Check-in schedules have been centralized to the Check-In Schedules menu on the new Options tab.
- You can no longer create Rules. Rules are now known as Event Notifications. Global Event Notifications are created by an Administrator from the Options tab to ensure the appropriate notifications are sent when specific events are triggered. In addition to Global Event Notifications created by an Administrator, Users have the ability to create additional Event Notifications from the device Configure menu.
- You can no longer create geofences as a User. Geofences must be created by an Administrator using the Geofences menu under the Options tab.
- For inReach SE users, Preset Messages have been reserved for the use of controlling the assigned check-in schedule. Preset Message 1 is now used to "Start Schedule". Preset Message 2 is now used to "Check-In". Preset Message 3 is now used to "Stop Schedule".
NOTE: In preparation for migration, you can leave your configuration as it is or you can remove any check-in schedules and geofences created at the device level and re-create them at the administrator level.
Previously created User check-in schedules and geofences will be moved to the Administrator level and will no longer be available for Users at the device level. Post migration, these can be found by navigating to the Options tab. We highly recommend you to check your event notifications, check-in schedules, and geofences to ensure they are configured as you desire.