This article provides a summary of new and enhanced features included in Version 3.1.2 of the GeoPro Mobile App.
Important note to all GeoPro Admins: A new feature in the GeoPro Web App allows Administrators and Monitors to configure default settings for all mobile app users on your account. We strongly recommend that you do this prior to the release of the new version of the mobile app. This will ensure all users of the mobile app receive the default settings automatically, when the new version is released. See article Configuring Default Settings for the GeoPro Mobile App from the Options tab for more details.
Important note to all GeoPro Mobile App Users: The procedure to declare an SOS has changed. From the home screen, simply press and hold the SOS button until the indicator has completely circled around the SOS button. Once an SOS has been declared, a banner will be displayed at the top of the screen indicating SOS mode is active and the SOS button will begin flashing. See Mobile App Feature Overview: SOS for more details.
NEW & ENHANCED FEATURES IN VERSION 3.1.2:
- A modern and intuitive icon-driven layout eliminates the complexity of using tabs to perform common tasks and improves ease of use. The new design mimics the Home screen of an iOS or Android device so there’s virtually no ‘learning curve’ for existing or new users.
- A dedicated Check-In button is now displayed directly on the Home screen, indicating the time remaining until the next expected check-in. This eliminates the issue of users not knowing when the next check-in is due. Refer to Mobile App Feature Overview: Check-In Schedules and Mobile App Feature Overview: Monitor Me for more details.
- All feature-related settings are now centralized in the Settings menu -- all settings (e,g. Monitor Me Settings, Tracking Settings and SOS Settings) can be configured here.
- Automatically enable tracking (position reporting) and man down detection (if enabled for your account) with the press of a button. By initiating a Monitor Me session, users can now simultaneously enable:
- a check-in interval (using a rolling timer)
- man down (no motion) detection; and
- sending position reports at more frequent intervals.
These features were merged to reduce the need to manually enable each feature one-by-one. See Mobile App Feature Overview: Monitor Me for more details.
- Monitor Me Settings now supports configuring of check-in intervals, tracking intervals and man down (no motion) detection settings, in a single menu. This allows a user to configure each of the three (3) features so that only the desired ones are enabled when a Monitor Me session is initiated. See Mobile App Feature Overview: Monitor Me for more details.
- “Monitoring Started” event notification now includes which feature(s) (e.g. check—in, tracking and/or man down) have been enabled when a Monitor Me session has started. As a result, man down “started” and “stopped“ are no longer their own notification types.
MAN DOWN AUDIBLE ALARMS
- When Man Down mode has been enabled in the app and ‘no motion’ is detected, a loud alarm will now sound continuously on the user’s smartphone until it is cancelled or an SOS is declared. If it is a case of a false alarm, this will audibly alert users that ‘no motion’ has been detected and triggered Man Down mode. If it is a false alarm, users can cancel the man down alarm simply by moving or shaking their smartphone. See Mobile App Feature Overview: Monitor Me for more details.
CONTINUOUS CHECK-IN REMINDERS
- Continuous audible and visual check-in reminders are now generated for overdue Monitor Me and Check-In Schedule timers. Previously, only a single ‘overdue’ reminder was sent. See Mobile App Feature Overview: Monitor Me for more details.
EXPLICIT CHECK-IN ACTION REQUIRED
- An explicit check-in button press is now required to satisfy Monitor Me and Check-In Schedule timers. Other user interactions (e.g. sending a text message) no longer satisfy check-in timers.
SOS SUPPORTS VIBRATING ALERTS
- Vibration can now be enabled for SOS declarations in the SOS Settings menu. This provides improved support for users operating in loud environments, or situations where audible alerts are not acceptable/preferred. See Mobile App Feature Overview: SOS for more details.
- The V.BTTN accessory now supports user check-ins in addition to SOS declarations. When enabled, users of the V.BTTN wearable accessory can perform a check-in via a short press (<1 second) and declare an SOS via a long press (>3 seconds). See Mobile App Feature Overview: Alert Button for more details.
NEW SUPPORT FOR RESTRICTING USER PERMISSIONS
- Administrators can now restrict users from modifying settings in the GeoPro Mobile App by locking app settings. Contact Roadpost Corporate Care for details on how this can be enabled for your account.
MOBILE APP DEFAULT SETTINGS
- Administrators and Monitors can to configure default settings for all mobile app users on your account. This will ensure all users of the mobile app receive the default settings automatically when the new version is released and when activating new mobile app licenses. See article Configuring Default Settings for the GeoPro Mobile App from the Options tab for more details.