Synchronization Tools allow Administrators, Monitors and Users to synchronize Address Books and Canned Messages to devices prior to deployment. The purpose of synchronization is to load all address book and canned message data onto the device in order to save the device user time from composing messages while in the field and therefore creating a quicker and more user friendly experience.
The Synchronization Tools section will display only the relevant synchronization applications based on the devices which are provisioned to your account.
The types of information that is synchronized varies by device type.
- inReach SE/Explorer: inReach Sync Tool - This sync application will synchronize Contacts & Distribution Lists from your Address Book as well as Canned Messages. This tooll will also synchronize 3 pre-configured Preset Messages which are used to control your Check-In Schedule and will also upgrade your firmware in the event a firmware upgrade is required.
- Iridium Extreme: OTA Sync - This device only supports synchronization of Distribution Lists and Canned Messages over-the-air. Synchronization of Contacts is not supported as this is a limitation of the Iridium Extreme firmware.
- Lone Worker Smartphone Apps: Android & iPhone - These devices do not support any type of synchronization.
Note: As other authorized GeoPro device types are added to the GeoPro web app, such as NAL Shout Nano, NAL Shout Nano TS, GeoPro Messenger, etc. the applicable sync applications will be added to the Synchronization Tools section.
1. To download the sync tool for your device, navigate to the Options tab and select Synchronization Tools.
2. The synchronization tool for your device will be displayed. Select the Download link to download the application.
3. Once the download has completed, you will need to install the application.
4. Once the installation has completed, launch the application to synchronize your device.
Note: For device specific synchronization instructions, please see the Sync section of the knowledge base.