Follow the steps below on how to declare and cancel an emergency on the NAL SHOUT Nano.
Note: The Emergency service enables a device user to alert predefined escalation contacts when in distress. Once triggered via the dedicated Emergency button, automatic position reports will be sent to the GeoPro Web Application and alerts will be sent to the escalation contact list. While in emergency mode, all of the GeoPro services remain functional. Emergency alerts will be sent every 2 minutes.
Solution: Declaring an Emergency using the Emergency button
- Slide the emergency button cover.
- Press the Emergency button.
- The Emergency LED will light up indicating the emergency has been declared.
Solution: Cancelling an Emergency
- Scroll to “Tracking” from the home screen and press the enter key.
- Scroll to “Cancel 911” and press the enter key.
- You will have two options: 1) With Gateway Ack or 2) Without Gateway Ack
With Gateway Ack: When With Gateway Ack is selected and confirmed, the cancellation message is queued in the Outbox to be transmitted. If the cancellation message is successfully transmitted and acknowledged by the Iridium gateway, the emergency mode ends, the emergency LED is turned off and the top and bottom bars turn from red to blue.
Without Gateway Ack: When Without Gateway Ack is selected and confirmed, the cancellation message is queued in the Outbox to be transmitted. The emergency mode ends immediately, the emergency LED is turned off and the top and bottom bars turn from red to blue.