The GeoPro web app provides Administrators and Monitors with the ability to Declare Emergency on behalf of a device. When an emergency has been manually declared by an Administrator or Monitor, the GeoPro web app will notify the defined Escalation Contacts based on the configured Event Notifications. If you've selected to use GEOS, they will be notified in addition to the defined escalation contacts. If you've selected to use Internal Monitoring (GEOS Backup), GEOS will follow up with the escalation contacts to ensure they are aware of the emergency and taking appopriate action.
Note: Your escalation contacts can be modified by navigating to the Global Address Book and editing the contacts flagged as Escalation Contacts.
1. To Declare Emergency on a device, navigate to the Devices tab and select the desired device.
2. The device page for the selected device will be displayed, select Declare Emergency from the list.
3. You will be presented with a confirmation screen prompting if you would like to proceed, select Yes, Declare Emergency to trigger the emergency on behalf of the device user.
4. Once confirmed, the device will be in an emergency state, the escalations contacts (as well as GEOS if selected) will be notified, and the headcrumb on the map will appear red in colour.
5. Subsequently, the emergency can be cancelled by selecting Cancel Emergency from the list.