Geofences allow Administrators to define and highlight geographical locations on the map which can be used to monitor when device users enter or exit specific areas. Geofences can be created using a circle, polygon or drawing a line on the map and a fence width can be defined as well as given a custom colour. In order to trigger geofence notifications and alert specific individuals, you will be required to create an Event Notification for the geofence crossing. When creating the Event Notification for the Geofence crossing, you will be able to define which devices the geofence should apply to and who will be notified.
This article explains how to create a geofence.
1. To create a geofence, navigate to the Options tab and select Geofences.
2. The Geofences page will be displayed. You now have the ability to create, edit and delete geofences.
To create a new geofence, select the + icon in the top right corner.
3. Pan & zoom the map to locate the desired location for your geofence.
4. Geofences can be created drawing a circle, polygon or a line on the map. Select the desired shape button.
5. Draw your geofence on the map. Use the center-box to position your geofence and use the outter-box to re-szize your geofence.
6. Give you geofence a name, fill in the Geofence Name field.
6. Enter a Fence Width (in meters). The fence width is a buffer zone which can be used to determine when the trigger for entering or exiting the geofence will occur.
7. Select a colour by selecting the Geofence Color drop-down.
8. Press OK to save your changes and your geofence will be displayed on the map.
Note: If you would like to trigger notifications as to when a geofence is crossed, navigate to the Event Notifications section and create a geofence crossing event notification.