The GeoPro Safety Wearable is Wi-Fi enabled and is capable of connecting to wireless G and N networks. When the GeoPro Safety Wearable has been programmed to connect to a Wi-Fi network, it will primarily transmit over Wi-Fi and will fall-back to cellular if Wi-Fi is interrupted or unavailable.
Note: It is not permitted to use the GeoPro Safety Wearable on Wi-Fi where there is no cellular signal available if the account is being primarily monitored by GEOS. GEOS will be unable to place a voice call to the device under these circumstances. Wi-Fi when no cellular signal is available should only be used when the account is being internally monitored or GEOS is set to backup monitoring. Please contact Roadpost for further assistance with GEOS monitoring.
Follow the instructions below on how configure Wi-Fi Networks for use with the GeoPro Safety Wearable using the GeoPro Web App.
1. Navigate to the Devices tab and select the desired GeoPro Safety Wearable device from the list.
2. The device page for the selected device will be displayed, select Configure from the list.
3. The device configuration page for the selected device will be displayed, select Wi-Fi Networks from the list.
4. Using the fields, select the Action, enter the SSID, Password and select the Network Type. Press Send when finished. The Wi-Fi settings will be sent to the GeoPro Safety Wearable and will connect to the Wi-Fi network when in range.
Note: Changes made from the portal are not permanently stored. Settings will be retained on the device but not reflected in this menu.
5. To check if the GeoPro Safety Wearable has connected to the Wi-Fi network, simply tap the button five(5) times and the device will announce it's status. The status will provide an update on the battery strength, cellular signal, Wi-Fi connectivity and check-in session state. For further information on performing a status check, click here.