Monitor Me is a feature that is available exclusively on GeoPro and is optimized for use with the GeoPro Safety Wearable. Monitor Me is a monitoring feature that can be enabled by a user when facing a situation that is riskier than usual, or for those that have a check-in requirement but do not work set times of day. Monitor Me uses a countdown timer which counts down from the time monitoring was started based on the defined check-in interval set in the GeoPro Web App. When a monitoring session is started, the timer begins and notifications are sent to defined contacts on the account (optional) including the check-in interval details. The active monitoring session will also be displayed on the dashboard of the GeoPro Web App ensuring awareness for Administrators and Monitors logged in to the system.
While active, the user will be prompted to check-in each time the countdown timer has expired. The user will continue to be reminded until they have successfully checked in. If the user is unable to check-in once the timer and buffer period have expired, an alert will be sent to the defined contacts on the account indicating a check-in has been missed and the user is now overdue. When the user checks-in, the overdue state will be cleared, an update notification will be sent and the monitoring session will continue.
When the user feels they are no longer in a higher risk situation or their work day has ended, they can end the monitoring session from the device. Ending monitoring session stops the countdown timer and no longer reminds the user to check-in.
If you've selected to have your account monitored by GEOS and you've also selected the option to have GEOS monitor missed check-ins, GEOS International Emergency Response Call Center will also receive the alert and contact the user to confirm their safety. If required, GEOS will work with first responders to dispatch and coordinate assistance. If assistance is not required, the user, Administrator or Monitor can simply check-in to clear the overdue state.
Follow the instructions below on how configure Monitor Me for the GeoPro Safety Wearable using the GeoPro Web App.
1. Navigate to the Devices tab and select the desired GeoPro Safety Wearable device from the list.
2. The device page for the selected device will be displayed, select Configure from the list.
3. The device configuration page for the selected device will be displayed, select Monitoring from the list
4. Using the options, select Device Monitoring Interval. This is the check-in interval for the device. Then select a Device Monitoring Buffer. This is the buffer period you would like to grant the user to check-in before declaring they are overdue. Press Send when finished.
Note: Changes made from the portal are not permanently stored. Settings will be retained on the device but not reflected in this menu.
5. The defined settings will now apply once the GeoPro Safety Wearable user starts their check-in session. For further information on starting & stopping a check-in session, click here.