Fall detection is comprised of a two-factor algorithm where the device continuously samples for impact followed by lack of movement. This design assists with preventing false alarms. The GeoPro Safety Wearable supports 3 sensitivity settings: Low, Medium and High. When a fall is detected, the device will announce, “Fall detected, unit will send emergency alert in 40 seconds, please press button to cancel alert” thus providing 40 seconds to cancel the alert. The cancellation period is configurable for 20, 30, and 40 seconds. If no action is taken within the cancellation time, the device will announce “Falling has been confirmed, your emergency is in progress. Press and hold button to cancel emergency” and transmit the emergency to the GEOS monitoring center. If Fall Detection is not required, the feature can simply be disabled.
Note: Fall detection is tied to the live SOS feature on your device. SOS and Fall Detection alarms will be sent to the GEOS monitoring center and will be treated as an actual emergency. If you would like to coordinate a test with the GEOS monitoring center, please contact Roadpost for assistance.
Follow the instructions below on how configure Fall Detection for the GeoPro Safety Wearable using the GeoPro Web App.
1. Navigate to the Devices tab and select the desired GeoPro Safety Wearable device from the list.
2. The device page for the selected device will be displayed, select Configure from the list.
3. The device configuration page for the selected device will be displayed, select Fall Detection from the list
4. Using the options, select the desired Sensitivity and Cancel Timer settings. Press Send when finished.
Note: Normal is the recommended setting to avoid false alarms. Ensure your GeoPro Safety Wearable is laying flat and still for 30-60 seconds after pressing Send to properly calibrate your device.Changes made from the portal are not permanently stored. Settings will be retained on the device but not reflected in this menu.
5. If enabled, the GeoPro Safety Wearable will detect falls based on impact followed by lack of motion. If disabled, the device will no longer be configured to perform fall detection.