Check-In Schedules allows Administrators and Monitors to automate management of routine scheduled check-ins. The GeoPro check-in scheduler lets you easily define check-in schedules using selected times or interval based schedules, assign check-in schedules to devices and groups, and automate missed or overdue check-in notifications to those you designate using Global Event Notifications.
Once schedules have been assigned to devices and groups, Check-In Schedules can be dynamically enabled or disabled directly from the supported device. Notifications for when a schedule is enabled or disabled can also be created from the Global Event Notifications tab.
Note: The ability to dynamically enable or disable an assigned check-in schedule is not supported by the Iridium Extreme.
This article explains how to assign a check-in schedule to devices and groups.
1. To assign a check-in schedule, navigate to the Options tab and select Check-In Schedules.
2. The Check-In Schedules page will be displayed. You now have the ability to create, edit, delete and manage your check-in schedules.
To assign a schedule, select the desired schedule.
3. Next, you'll be presented with the options to manage your schedule, select Assign Devices and Groups from the list.
4. Assign the devices or groups by dragging and dropping the desired device or group from the Other Devices and Groups (bottom) section to the Devices and Groups Assigned to Schedule (top) section. When finished, press Save to save your changes.
Note: Devices which already have an assigned check-in schedule will display the icon of a clock. An ! will appear on the device tile when attempting to assign a check-in schedule to a device which already has a schedule assigned. The ! indicates that the existing check-in schedule will be overridden.
Subsequently, a device or group can be unassigned by dragging and dropping from the top section to the bottom section of the page.
5. Devices and groups which have been assigned the schedule will receive a notification indicating a schedule has been assigned from the GeoPro web app once the schedule has been enabled.