NOTE: Facebook is no longer allowing third party applications to post to the wall of Facebook users. Due to this change in Facebook's policy, Iridium will be removing the Facebook option from the Mail & Web app.
Follow the steps below on how to post to Facebook & Twitter using the Iridium AxcessPoint.
Activate Facebook Posting
Activating Facebook requires a Post-by-Email Address, assigned to you by Facebook. You must also link your cellular phone number to your Facebook account. To find your Post-by-Email Address:
- Open a web browser, and go to: www.facebook.com
- Sign into your Facebook account.
- Click on the in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click "Account Settings"
- Click "Mobile" in the left column
- Click "Add a mobile phone number"
- Type in your Facebook password
- Select your country and you cellular phone number.
- Follow on screen instructions. Facebook will text a code to your phone to put in the box in the Facebook window.
- After your phone is linked to your Facebook account, you will find your "Post-by-Email Address" on the mobile section of the account settings.
- Copy or write down the address.
- Enter the Post-by-Email Address into Settings > Social Media > Facebook > Secret Email. Then click <OK>. Notice that the Facebook icon on the user interface is now active.
Posting to Facebook
- Click the Facebook icon on the Toolbar to open the "Post to Facebook Wall" window.
- Enter the status update (maximum of 255 characters) in the text box.
- To upload a photo, click the <Browse> button and select the image to upload.
- Click <OK>. This creates a message ready to be sent on your next connection.
- The posting will be sent the next time you make an email connection.
Activate Twitter Posting
When registering your Twitter account, please ensure you are connected to the internet during initial configuration. Twitter registration will fail if you are not connected to the internet:
- Go to Settings > Social Media and turn on Twitter
- A window will appear asking you to login to Twitter to allow Iridium AxcessPoint Mail & Web to post on your behalf
- Allow Iridium AxcessPoint Mail & Web access to your Twitter account
- A PIN will be generated once authentication has been granted. Record the PIN.
- Enter the PIN in the appropriate location and hit OK.
- Once these steps are completed, you are now able to post tweets via the Iridium AxcessPoint Mail & Web using the Social Media > Twitter menu.