Using inReach to inReach Messaging
Every inReach user account is assigned a unique inReach address for inReach-to-inReach messaging. If you have an inReach device you can send a message from your inReach to another inReach by using the inReach address for the recipient. An example inReach address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The inReach address will only work for inReach-to-inReach communication, e-mails sent to the inReach address will not be delivered.
Please note, this address is only used for inReach to inReach messaging.
Your inReach address can be found by navigating to your explore.garmin.com account or by checking on your device.
To locate your inReach address using explore.garmin.com:
- Obtain the inReach address for the inReach user to be messaged. To find the inReach address for an inReach account, follow the steps below.
- Log in to the inReach account at inreach.garmin.com
- Select the Account tab.
- The inReach address can be found in the My Info section in the left hand column.
- Using your inReach. compose a new message and enter the inReach address to send a message to another inReach device user.
To locate your inReach address using your device:
- Select Contacts from the home screen.
- Select your name from the list of contacts
- Your inReach address will be displayed and appear as email@example.com
You can now provide your inReach address to other inReach users. Other inReach users can store your inReach address to their contact list for future use. You can also store other user's inReach addresses in your contact list. Be sure to sync your device after making changes to your contact list.
NOTE: All inReach users on the same account are automatically added to each others contact list, including the inReach address, at the time of synchronization. The inReach address can be selected from the device's contact list when composing a message.
Use the instructions from the appropriate article below to send an inReach message to an inReach address: