Before you can use your inReach device, you must activate it.
This article explains how to active an inReach for existing users.
1. Login to your account by navigating to explore.garmin.com.
2. Select Account tab followed by Plans & Devices.
3. Select Add Device and proceed with the activation prompts.
4. Once you've completed the activation prompts, power on the inReach device.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. When prompted, go outdoors to an open area with a clear view of the sky.
7. Wait while the device communicates with the Iridium satellite network.
8. Once the activation has been completed, your inReach will be unlocked.
NOTE: It may take up to 20 minutes to activate your device. The device must send and receive several messages, which takes longer than sending a single message during regular use.