The map page shows your location, sent and received messages, waypoints, and a colored track line connecting your track points. The inReach Explorer+ map shows streets, points of interest, and topographical information.
You can customize the information displayed on the map by navigating to Settings > Map.
This article explains how to send a reference point.
You can send a message that includes a reference point with details about another location. This feature is helpful if you want to meet someone at that location.
1. Select Map and press
2. Using the navigate to a location on the map and press
3. Select Send Reference Point and press
4. Select Continue and press
5. Select an option:
Select To: to enter new recipients manually.
Select to select recipients from your contacts list.
6. Select an option:
Select Message: to compose a new message manually.
Select to select a quick text message.
7. When finished, select Send Message and press
8. Your message will be delivered with the location of the reference point.
Article is closed for comments.