The Compass is a tool used to assist with geographic direction. The compass features and appearance change depending on whether you are tracking or navigating to a destination.
This article explains how to calibrate the Barometric Altimeter.
You can manually calibrate the barometric altimeter if you know the correct elevation or the correct barometric pressure. This is optional, as the Barometric Altimeter is set to auto-calibrate by default.
1. Select Settings and press
2. Select Compass & Altimeter and press
3. Select Auto Calibrate Altimeter and press
4. Select Off and press
5. Select Calibrate Altimeter and press
6. Select Method and press
7. Select an option:
Select Known Elevation > Calibrate then enter the elevation.
Select Known Pressure > Calibrate then enter the pressure.
Select GPS Elevation > Calibrate.
8. Select Calibrate and press to continue with calibrating the Barometric Altimeter.
Article is closed for comments.