During an emergency, you can contact the GEOS International Emergency Rescue Coordination Center (IERCC) to request help. Pressing the SOS key sends a message to the rescue coordination center, and they notify the appropriate emergency responders of your situation. You can communicate with the rescue coordination center during your emergency while you wait for help to arrive. You should only use the SOS function in a real emergency situation.
This article explains how to send a custom SOS message.
You can initiate an SOS rescue with a custom message using the SOS page.
1. Select SOS and press
2. Select Emergency and press
3. Select Write SOS and press
4. Select Message: to compose a custom SOS message
5. Type in your message, select Done when finished and press
5. Select Send Message and press
6. Reply to the confirmation message from the emergency response service.
NOTE: Your reply lets the emergency response service know that you are capable of interacting with them during the rescue.
IMPORTANT: For the first 10 minutes of your rescue, an updated location is sent to the emergency response service every minute. To conserve battery power after the first 10 minutes, an updated location is sent every 10 minutes when moving, and every 30 minutes when stationary.
Article is closed for comments.