GEOS International Emergency Rescue Coordination Center (IERCC)
Global, 24/7 monitoring and emergency dispatch provided by Garmin.
When you activate the SOS button on your inReach, Iridium Extreme (9575), Iridium GO! or Iridium GO! Exec device, there is a person on the other end who will communicate with you and coordinate with the appropriate local (to you), emergency responders. They will stay in communication with you until your situation is resolved.
You MUST register with GEOS/IERCC to use the SOS button on your device (except for inReach devices).
Visit https://ierccregister.inreachapp.com/ for further details.
Setting up GEOS/SOS button
- Iridium Extreme - GEOS Configuration (SOS Button)
- Iridium GO! - Configuring the SOS button
- Iridium GO! exec - Configure and Set Up SOS
- Isatphone 2 - GEOS Registration and Configuration
- inReach: Set up your SOS contacts at explore.garmin.com. Separate registration with GEOS is not required, as all inReach plans are registered by default with GEOS.
GEOS (IERCC) SOS Testing
Garmin/GEOS allows you to schedule a test of the SOS button on your device. This ensures emergency services are not actually sent when testing the SOS features. To schedule a test:
- Read over the instructions here: https://www.iercc.com/en-US/test-device/
- The above link will take you to the proper Scheduled Test form listed here for approval:
- List any instructions that you’d like IERCC to follow in the “Additional test instructions" field.
- Wait for email confirmation of your test request from the IERCC (this usually happens within one (1) business day).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Test requests must be submitted at least 72 hours prior to the requested time. Please keep this in mind when selecting a time for your SOS test.
Search and Rescue (SAR) fees
We highly suggest ensuring you have SAR and medical insurance coverage during your trip!
The SOS button and in turn GEOS/IERCC services are covered in your plan, however this only covers ensuring a 365/24/7 service receives your SOS requests and ensures local Search and Rescue services are contacted to assist you. The fees associated to the actual SAR or medical activities are NOT included in any plan. It is your responsibility to ensure you are fully insured or covered for any fees associated to SAR services (which might involve Search, Rescue and Medical services in the local area).
- There are many nuances as to what may and may not be locally covered for you.
- Citizens of the local area/city/state/province/country might be covered, but not non-citizens.
- Private and Company insurance may or may not cover SAR/medical coverage, especially for high-risk activities or internationally. Check ahead of time.
- Always check with local authorities ahead of time if any SAR/medical fees would be covered in the even of an emergency!
MyGEOS Portal (depreciated)
GEOS has been acquired by Garmin, which means the old MyGEOS website is no longer available for log-in or registration. Customers that had previous registration through MyGEOS are still active in the Garmin systems, however account login can no longer be facilitated due to the change in ownership of the company.
If an existing customer with a MyGEOS login needs to make changes to device information or their contact details for SOS, they will need to re-register the devices through the new registration website as noted above, at https://ierccregister.inreachapp.com/
When attempting to access the old myGEOS links, customers will be redirected to the new website https://ierccregister.inreachapp.com/ to register (sign-in option has been removed).