The inReach Explorer+ device can be used while suspended or deactivated. The following features will continue to function without an active subscription (Note: The Earthmate app will continue to function with the Explorer+ as well):
- Waypoints (will not upload new waypoints over the air)
- Logging (tracking will not broadcast over the air)
- Location (checking current position on the device)
Here are key features that will not work without an active subscription:
- SOS - There will be no active SAR services. GEOS will NOT provide SOS services without an active subscription.
- Messages (all types: free form and predefined)
- Tracking (over the air, logging will still work)
NOTE: We strongly encourage all device users to activate their device before leaving cellular coverage to ensure 100% safety at all times. The inReach Explorer+ offline mode should only be used when the user is still within cellular coverage.
Article is closed for comments.