How to send a text (SMS) message to an email address
- Press “Menu"
- Scroll to “Messages” press “Select"
- Scroll to “Create Message” and press “Select"
- Compose your message beginning with recipient email address followed by a space and the content of your message.
- To create the ‘@’ character, press the "1" key two times
- Example: firstname.lastname@example.org<space>Having a great trip!
Emailing an Iridium phone number
E-mails can be sent to Iridium pagers or phones by entering the Iridium phone number into the following generic address: 8816[number]@msg.iridium.com
Ensure you follow these rules:
- No attachments or Images.
- Keep messages as short as possible. Longer messages might be truncated. Try to keep email messages under 160 characters. (Reminder to limit or disable any automatic signatures!)