For more information on GEOS and instructions on scheduling a GEOS SOS test, please see this article: What is GEOS (IERCC) SOS?
To enable the GEOS SOS service on your Iridium Extreme 9575, you will need to perform the following:
Step 1: Register with GEOS
- Navigate to IERCC
- Click 'Register a device'
- Fill in the registration form and your details.
Step 2: Configure the Iridium Extreme for use with GEOS
1. A warning message will be displayed, "WARNING! You have no configured GEOS Service", press Setup
2. Scroll to Use and press Select
3. A message will be displayed, "Please confirm you have registered...", press OK
4. Power the handset off and back on again
5. When handset starts up, confirm the warning message is no longer presented.
6. You've successfully configured your handset for use with GEOS.
Note: If the warning message is not displayed, you can configure GEOS from the main menu. Navigate to Menu> Set-up> Location Options > Emergency Options and then scroll down to GEOS Service (the last menu option after “Call Recipient”). From this menu option you will have the option to select “Use”.